Friday, April 20, 2012

Family History

I've recently gotten my hands on some digitized versions of old family photos, and I can't resist putting them up here.  It seems that my mother was the photographer of the family throughout the seventies and eighties, judging by how few shots she's in.  

For anyone who knew my father, George Edwards, and hasn't seen it, I wrote an essay in memoriam that's currently up here on my mother's website.  


A shot of George dating back to his American Academy in Rome (1973-4)
My parents, George Edwards and Rachel Hadas, in Vermont, late seventies
Mom and Dad do American Gothic at the Vermont house.  Early 1980's
 
Infant me with father and maternal grandma, Riverside Park, Manhattan, 1984

The Edwards clan: snake handlers since 1642






George at work at the composition desk in Vermont, early Nineties.   

Crackers, cheese, pipe, baby.  

I've always had good taste in union suits (and long relied on my father for hand-me-down sweaters). 
George Edwards (right) with family friend and Vermont neighbor Harold Holden, circa 1996


George at Prospero's Island, central Vermont, 2007.  George's weeks "up the hill" were his last spent outside an institutional care facility.

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful! I particularly like the ones of your father and you. He looks like he delighted in being a dad! Thanks for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete